Monday 15 September 2008

snaptrip: an announcement of sorts

I've finally got to the point where I'm happy to really start posting about snaptrip.

snaptrip is a little web project that lets you use Dopplr and Flickr together. Initially, it allows you to put machine tags - specially formatted bits of data - on your Flickr photos. Why bother? Well, Dopplr itself uses this data, if available, to show you photos on its site.

Obviously that's a bit dull, and I do have further plans going forward, but because I've been stopping quite often to polish the app as I was building it, it's been a bit slower than I'd like. (I've also been using it to learn about both Python and Google App Engine - the appspot.com gives that bit away).

Anyway, once I've sorted out a couple of little niggles, I'll probably post more about this elsewhere, but for now, if you have a Dopplr account, feel free to try it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

About snaptrip news

snaptrip is a website that takes Dopplr and Flickr, puts them together, shakes them up, and sees what interesting things fall out.

This site lets you know what's new there.

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]